Employment opportunity: Area / Precinct Manager
We are looking for an Area / Precinct Manager to join the team. Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll have responsibility for delivering and growing a range of programmes in line with strategy and implementation frameworks.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Management and delivery of specific programmes in line with implementation plans – cleaning, urban management and public safety
• Management of outsourced providers in terms of the various contracts and SLA’s in place (public safety, greening, urban management services)
• Staff management – including performance reviews corrective action, identification of training needs etc.
• Full programme reporting (monthly reports, implementation plan progress, service provider assessments)
• Planning and delivery of special projects for different programmes in conjunction with CEO (including public spaces, arts / sports / heritage and culture)
• Asset management and maintenance
• Budget management
• Community and stakeholder liaison
To be considered for the role, you will need:
• A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience, prior experience in urban management / law enforcement / SAPS, facilities management, CID / SRA management preferred
• A valid driver’s licence and own vehicle
• Excellent interpersonal skills, a network of relevant contacts and the ability to interact effectively with different stakeholder groups in both formal and informal settings
• High levels of computer literacy (MS Office suite)
• Good people management skills, with experience in managing small teams
• An interest in community issues and in understanding how the OBSID can deepen and improve its services within its mandate, as well as an interest in Observatory as a suburb
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and strong reporting skills
• Excellent planning skills and the ability to adjust plans to deliver against objectives as circumstances dictate
• Sound finance management skills
• Physically suited to working outside for extended periods of time
• Able to work unusual hours, over weekends as necessary.
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Applications for this position will close on 30th October 2019.
Only applicants under consideration for the role will be contacted.