OBSID Employment opportunity: Office Coordinator
The Observatory Improvement District (OBSID) is an established Special Rating Area (SRA) and provides top up services to those of the City of Cape Town. These services include public safety, urban management and social development – with an additional focus on arts and heritage projects. OBSID is a Non Profit Company and is funded via an additional property rate charged to all property owners within the boundaries of the SRA. Our offices are in St Michael’s Road in Observatory.
We are looking for an energetic Office Coordinator to join our team. This high energy role requires a sound work ethic, attention to detail, high energy levels and a willingness to get involved in a wide range of issues.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Frontline reception (telephonic and walk in enquiries)
- Community liaison – contact point for all enquiries, referrals to managers for solution, tracking responses and closing out queries
- Providing administrative support to the CEO and management team
- Consumables ordering for office and programmes
- Delivering the annual AGM in conjunction with the CEO
- Maintaining the OBSID annual calendar, managing reminders and updates
- Completing OBSID membership and Director administration in conjunction with CEO and Company Secretary
- Controlling petty cash systems and reporting
- Communications support – special projects, social media, website content
- Maintaining the OBSID business directory
- Maintaining health and safety programme for OBSID
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in an administrative or frontline role, backed up by a relevant qualification
- A valid driver’s licence and own vehicle would be advantageous
- High levels of computer literacy (MS Office suite)
- An interest in community issues and in understanding how the OBSID can deepen and improve its services within its mandate, as well as an interest in Observatory as a suburb
- To be systematic and thorough in approach – and able to see activities and tasks through to completion
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Sound finance management skills
- To be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- To be open minded and willing to learn
- Some flexibility as regards availability to work after hours or on weekends as may be needed.
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this position will close on 2nd May 2019.
Only applicants under consideration for the role will be contacted.