OBSID Employment opportunity: Programme Manager
The Observatory Improvement District (OBSID) is an established Special Rating Area (SRA) and provides top up services to the City of Cape Town. These services include public safety, urban management and social development – with an additional focus on arts and heritage projects. OBSID is a Non Profit Company and is funded via an additional property rate charged to all property owners within the boundaries of the SRA. Our offices are in St Michael’s Road in Observatory.
We are looking for a Programme Manager to join the team. Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll have responsibility for delivering and growing a range of programmes.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Management and delivery of various programmes in line with implementation plans – e.g. cleaning, urban management, public safety, business development
- Management of outsourced providers in terms of the various contracts and SLA’s in place
- Staff management – including performance reviews corrective action, identification of training needs etc.
- Full programme reporting (monthly reports, implementation plan progress, service provider assessments)
- Planning and delivery of special projects for different programmes in conjunction with CEO (including public spaces, arts / sports / heritage and culture)
- Asset management and maintenance
- Budget management
- Community and stakeholder liaison
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- A minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience, prior experience in urban management, law enforcement, SAPS, other City structures very advantageous
- A valid driver’s licence and own vehicle
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a network of relevant contacts and the ability to interact effectively with different stakeholder groups in both formal and informal settings
- High levels of computer literacy (MS Office suite)
- Good people management skills, with experience in managing small teams
- An interest in community issues and in understanding how the OBSID can deepen and improve its services within its mandate, as well as an interest in Observatory as a suburb
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and strong reporting skills
- Excellent planning skills and the ability to adjust plans to deliver against objectives as circumstances dictate
- Sound finance management skills
- Physically suited to working outside for extended periods of time
- Able to work unusual hours, over weekends as necessary.
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Applications for this position will close on 2nd May 2019.
Only applicants under consideration for the role will be contacted.